top of page

Our services 


Specific Defect Reports

A Specific Defect Report focuses on a single element such as damp or cracking and we investigate it similarly to a Building Survey but without checking everything else at the property that a Building Survey would. It does not preclude “following the trail of suspicion” of the cause of a defect.


Chartered Building Engineer's Bespoke Surveys & Consultations for Residential Buildings of All Ages 

When you are looking for an in-depth analysis of a building or property which provides you with detailed information about defects, repairs, conservation and required maintenance then you need a Chartered Engineers Building Survey. 


A Building Survey or Building Conservation On Site Consultation and / or Survey report gives you a complete and thorough health check of a property. This type of report should be used for larger or older/listed properties, residential properties which might be in poor condition or are unusual (in their shape and material) or when planning major renovations. 


House and Flat Pre Purchase Survey Report 

Bespoke Building Survey and Building Engineer's Standard Surveys together with Conservation Survey Reports have been developed because of specific client requests. Listening to clients feedback is  important to us. 


They cover all elements of a Building Survey or Other Surveys but without the simplistic “traffic light” condition grading. Instead, the tailored survey explains each element, its construction and condition. We apply our structural building engineering knowledge and consideration of the age of the building and materials utilised in its construction or alteration. 

As a 'picture is often said to 'paint a thousand words', photographs are used more extensively to illustrate defects or points being explained. We recommend our bespoke consultations and reports for listed buildings, very old properties or architect designed and non-standard construction buildings. 



Do I need a House Buyers Report or a Building Survey? 

The difference between a House buyer Report and a Building Survey is the level of information.


A Building Survey goes into much more detail about the condition of the property and can range from around 35-60 pages, whereas a House Buyer report is typically around 15-20 pages long. Our expert team will advise you which is the most appropriate report for your chosen property. 

Structural Reports


When a comprehensive report on the construction and structural integrity of a property is required you are likely to require a Building Survey or Building Engineers Assessment to analyse and comment on the structure or any failure of the elements therein.


bottom of page